drocha my plan is to replace the previews functionality Netlify has and also do automatic updates when a PR gets merged to the main branch, any guidance there ?
I've never used GH Actions myself so I can't tell you what to do on that end, but on our end you can do the following:
- You can use our API to do the things that you would normally do in the dashboard (including the ability to fetch an run an arbitrary script as part of a
- You can use SSH to log in and run scripts
- You can use SFTP or scp to transfer files to and from the server.
- You can make a website with endpoints that you can hit to run whatever actions on the server, in whatever scripting language you like.
drocha Also, I'm JS, any chance you have any JS-based installer ?
No, we don't have any existing installers written in JS. There's nothing really language-specific in the installers though, they mostly do things like:
- Make HTTP requests to download files and make API calls.
- Modify files
- Run other programs and shell commands
So if you can do those things in JS, then you've got the basics covered.